Friday, May 16, 2008

Ode to my microwave

Cooking without an oven is challenging... cooking without decent stove is too... so I become addicted to my microwave.
Sure I miss cakes, especially the chocolatey ones, and I cannot bake tarts, quiches or pies, but I can cook healthy things like vegetables...

Yesterday evening was one of those evening when you want to eat something good but are to lazzy to prepare something elaborated (yes it happens quite often to me!). In my fridge was a piece of fish (lieu noir) I was to late to prepare on the morning. I decided it should become a frill...yes I can do it without an oven thanks to my suister who offered me a silicon cooker that allows me to bake such things in the microwave!

Lieu noir en papillotte (per person)

- 1 fillet of fish
- 1 small zuchinni
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons of mustard
- salt, pepper
- herbs you like
- olive oil

Slice the zucchini and tomatoes (remove the tomato water)
Spread the mustard on both sides of the fillet.

In microwave, cook the vegetables for 2 min (max power) then add the fish (+ herbs) for 3 minutes. Remove the water and cook again for 2 minutes.

Add salt add pepper and a drop of olive oil... serve!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wonder if you have space for a small portable electric oven... we used to have one at home in malaysia that i used for baking, but i'm not sure if it's still there...

Anne said...

I used to have one too, but there's definitely no space left in the "kitchen"...