Friday, May 23, 2008

Spring market


Some might find me a bit old fashioned, but yes, I like going to the market on the sunday morning. Sunday morning exists! But I recognize I'm never there early... and sometimes it makes things more difficult since my favorite vegetable producer might have sold out something I need...

So back to last week-end. As usual I was wandering along the market when I stopped at my usual fruit place. While I was choosing avocado and grapefruit, I saw nice baskets of strawberries and some asparagus... and I couldn't resist!

Back at home, I was wondering what to do with my asparagus when I remember a very good meal prepared by J. I didn't had the recipe but I decided to prepare my own chicken with asparagus.


Chicken & Asparagus (for 2)

- tagliatells (I used spagetti, but believe me tagliatel are better)
- 200g chicken breast
- 10-15 asparagus
- 2 tablespoon cream
- salt & pepper


Wash asparus and cut the bottom end. Cut them in 3 (so you have 2-3cm long sticks). Place in a microwave cooker with a little water (I used 1 tablespoon water). And cook it in the microwave for 3-5min. Keep it in microwave so it remains warm.

Cut the chicken in "1 bite" pieces. I prefer it grilled, so I cooked it in a pan without oil or butter until it takes a nice golden-brown color.

Cook the pasta (hope you know how to do!)

When pasta are cooked, placechicken and asparagus in a saucepan to warm them a bit, add the cream, salt and pepper. Add pasta and mix everything.

Serve!

Unfortunately I had no wine to drink with... but I'm pretty sure the nice muscadet we tasted during our "foody week-end" (see Lil's Blog for a description) might have been great !

As a dessert I had strawberries dipped in cream... but that's another story...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love market and i think they're awesome! and yes, muscadet would have gone so nicely with the meal... oooo strawberry and cream - very summery! :D

Chloé said...

as for me, for dinner tonight i had some experimental brocoli omelette and it was nice :)
hmmm sounds better when you talk about it :P