Thursday, January 17, 2008

Post-holidays vegetables

Taking one week off and spending it to cook and meet friends ar various chocolate places was exactly what I needed at the end of the year. Unfortunately, cooking good things means eating them and even if chocolate is one of the best things on earth, hot chocolate and biscuits that come with tend to help you increasing you weight. Here is the terrible constatation : + 2.5 kg...
It's not that I'm particulary focused on my body mass, but I have to obtain a medical certificate soon and I don't want this medical doctor to tell me I should lose weight.
So these days recipes have to be healthy and low fat ones. My favorite recipe of the moment is a Vegetable curry.

Vegetable curry (4 servings)

- 2 carrots
- 1 parsnip
- 1 potatoe
- 2 onions
- 1 green capsicum
- 200g mushrooms
- 300g cauliflower
- 350ml water + stockcube
- 180ml apricot juice
- 40g grated almonds
- 1 teaspoon cardamon
- 1.5 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander (seeds)
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fruit chutney (I used mango one)

Wash or peeled vegetable and chop them.
Pour olive oil in a saucepan, and lightly brow the onions. Add the spices and warm until the smell develops.
Add vegetables that take long time to cook (carrots, parnsip, potatoe...) and cook for 2 minutes. Teh add water and the stock cube and the apricot juice. Cookk for 20min.
Add then cauliflower, mushrooms and grated almonds. Cook for 10-15 min until all vegetables are cooked.
Serve hot with rice.

This recipe is really easy, and you can use any vegetable you want, as exemple I try it with zuchinis, sweet potatoe, brocoli...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm.. using juice, that's interesting and something i've never tried before... /starts printing recipe