Monday, January 28, 2008

Chandeleur's crêpes and caramel (with salted butter)

Last week-end I had the great pleasure to meet my friends for a lunch... once out of the restaurant Lil suggested a trip to the Pierre Herme shop that was not far away. Thanks to her I discovered how fabulous the "Emotion" are :-)

Next week-end should also be interesting (as far as food is concerned) since it's La chandeleur : the day to eat crepes!
My last experiment with crepes was for new year's eve. I had to prepare a dessert that could be light and yummy. I chose to make little crepes (10cm diameter) that one could fill with either safran honey or caramel with salted butter.
As I suppose all of you are able to make crepes without my recipe, I will just write the caramel recipe down.

Caramel au beurre salé

200g sugar
5 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons lemmon juice
2 tablespoon cream
1 tablespoon salted butter

Melt sugar and water together with lemmon juice. When it's golden-brown take out of the stove and add the butter in small pieces. BE CAREFUL there will be projections.
Add the cream.
Let cool down and fill crepes with the preparation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

euh.... i just buy pancake from Marks & Spencer... :p

i'm so glad that you like the emotions and gaaah this message takes a long time to write as i'm typing as if i'm on french keyboard *gulp*

Chloé said...

only 1 tablesppon of butter?
wow
/drools

Anne said...

you can always add more... depends how you like it
but add more cream than butter is you want to keep it "liquid"