Friday, February 8, 2008

Sunday salmon



yesterday was a sunny sunday, pretty warm for the season and it makes going to the market a real pleasure. After a short walk and a wandering around the different product that were for sale there I decided to prepare something easy, tasty and healthy.
And as I had a very healthy lunch I allowed myself to take a hot chocolate at the new place I tried with my friends after our afternoon walk...

Salmon and leeks
per person
-1 piece of salmon
-1 medium leek (only the white part)
- 3 teaspoon cream
- 1 teaspoon "fumet de poisson" (sorry I still have to find the correct term for it in english)
- half a glass of water

Cut the salmon in dices (1cm) and brown them in a pan.
Wash the leeks, cut them in slices (more likely rings).
When the salmon is just slightly cooked, remove from the pan. Instead put leeks, "fumet" and water and cook for 10 min. Add the salmon again for 5 min. Pour the cream for the last minute of cooking.
Serve very warm, with rice if you're very hungry...

No comments: