Monday, September 8, 2008

Crumble


I'm leaving for the land of chocolate tomorrow, and so it wasn't reasonable to go to the market during the week-end. For once I bought some fruit in the supermarket on thursday, but I was desapointed by the greengages (reine-claudes) I had. And after few days it was obvious I wouldn't be able to eat them if I didn't cook them.

Then arrived the coincidence: on friday, Lilian told me she was planning to bake a crumble and when I turned on the TV on saturday I saw a show where they were talking about english food, and a woman was explaining her crumble recipe.

I had no choice...
What was particularly interesting for me in Rose crumble was that it didn't needed an oven to be baked.

Greengage and almond crumble
for 2
5-8 greengages (depending on their size
1/3 of stale bread
4 table spoon almonds
2 tablespoon "vergeoise" (I think you can use brown sugar instead, it was actually the only suger I had at home)
butter

Cut the greengage in 2 (or 4) and remove the stone. Cook in a pan with 1/2 teaspoon of butter for 5 min. Put in the dish you choose to serve them.

Process bread, almonds and sugar until it's like a powder.
In a pan, melt 1 tesponn butter. Had the powder you made and cook it until it browns. Don't stop stering (I did and it started to burn!).

Cover the plum with the bread and almond mix.
Serve warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooooo interesting, no bake crumble! it was raining so much i didn't go out and buy from greengages so i ended up baking a cake over the weekend instead...