Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Rooibos chicken



It was cold and cloudy yesterday in Paris... so I decided to stay home and tidy/clean the flat. I started with the shelves, cleaning and throwing some useless things like draft of the 1st year master thesis or old articles I would never read anymore. Then I came to the cooking books... and I had to put things in order there too... So I sat on the couch and start reading recipes I never tried. When I discovered the "Red thea chicken" I decided I would cook it ... and surprisingly i had all the ingredients!

Rooibos chicken
You need (per person)
- chicken (chicken breast)
- half a teaspoon of rooibos
-1 teaspoon of lemon juice
-1 spoon of vermouth

Cut the chicken in cubes and brown them in a pan.
Add the rooibos + salt and pepper.
Cook for 10 minutes (often turn the chicken).
Remove the chicken from the pan and add the vermouth, let reduce and add the chicken again for 2 minutes.
Serve!

easy isn't it? I served it with young carrots and oignon.
As I was in a cooking mood I prepared a fast crumble: I made the sweet apple sauce I described before, and add a mashed biscuit ("roudor") at the top... yummy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

rooibos? hmm.. dunno what that is... must go google and see... (and as usual i'm hungry but i'm a bit smarter today - i'm reading this while having lunch!)

Anne said...

Rooibos is normally used for tea, it comes from south africa.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooibos