Wednesday, December 19, 2007

La question de la langue / A question of language

Donc j'ai créé le blog hier, et déjà on m'a demandé de l'écrire en anglais...

So, I will now try to write in english... please forgive the typos and mistakes I will surely commit.

My first posted recipe will be Chestnut Tiramisu.
Why? Because it's the last recipe I tried! I prepared one on sunday so it would be ready for Géraldine's defense on monday. Yes, here we bake meals and desserts for defenses. Tradition is that after defense there's a little gathering that can be offered by the lab (not very common) or that is more often "home made". That's why I was in a supermarket to buy food for 40 to 50 people on a saturday instead of trying to find ideas for christmast presents.
Géraldine told me that one of her prefered dessert was tiramisu, so I decided to prepare one... but I also reminded she liked chestnuts very much! So I decided to try the recipe that was in my cooking magazine : The Chestnut tiramisu!!
Of course I'm totally unable to follow completely a recipe, so I made some little modifications...

For 6(hungry) to 10 persons, you need :
250g mascarpone
200g chestnut spread
4 eggs
50g sugar
lady fingers (sufficiently to build 2 layers in your pan)
coffee
chestnut syrup or liquor
cocoa

Prepare the Cream
1/ Separate white from yolk.
2/ Stir yolk with sugar until it becomes white
3/Add the mascarpone and stir until you have a homogenous dough
4/Add the chesnut spread
5/ Beat air in whites until it's firm
6/ Stir carefully the whites with the dough.

Build the cake (in a large baking pan -use one you can use to serve)
1/ Prepare coffee and let it cool down. Add chestnut syrup or liquor or rum in it.
2/ Dip lady finger in the coffee and arrange it in the pan until you have a complete layer
3/ Spread a layer of cream and go to 2/ again for another layer of biscuits.
4/ Finish with a layer of cream
5/ Put some cocoa at the top of the tiramisu
6/ "Forget" the tiramisu in a fridge for 2h minimum or a nigh (better)

3 comments:

Chloé said...

tu utilises quoi concrétement comme "chesnut spread" ? du Nutella ?
et bienvenu dans le monde des blogs, courage !

Anne said...

de la crème de marrons ;-)

tu as été rapide à me trouver...

Chloé said...

c'est à cause que tu as mis le lien sur la page facebook /blush